Sunday 20 April 2008

Week 2 - Sunday (last day of week 2!)

Dear Husband, family and friends,
It's Sunday 11am - I HAVE COMPLETED WEEK 2!!!! It's been a good week, learning about anatomy, practising 11 Yoga classes, had various lectures and kick-ed off the Posture Clinic. My last 2 classes on Friday evening and Saturday morning were challenging for me - but the amazing thing is that even after complete exhaustion it takes not more then 10 mins usually until you recover and feel good and energetic. I run down to the sea and oh wow, have a refreshing dip in the cool water!!

Bikram sadly left us this week and will be back around week 5 and stay for the remainder of the training. I felt sad seeing him go and miss not having him here.

Well, we have our first anatomy test tomorrow and dialogue training is kicking-off. Have to memorise 26 postures by heart in the next 5-6 weeks. I had a moment of being completely freaked out yesterday, panicking about if I can do this dialogue and if I can do the anatomy....I've not been doing exams for a very long time and being under pressure to perform and being exposed. Anyway, today I am feeling much better and my counsellor husband Armond has giving me a good talking and we agreed that next week, week 3, will be a trauma free week and then I could have all the trauma in the world the following week. That sounds like a good deal to me!!

For those of you reading my blog who have not been through this training this must sound all very strange and maybe difficult to understand... just imagine, your are being taken totally away from your comfort zone and anything which has been familiar to you in your life and be dropped in the unknown, new people, new home, new country and a completely different day to day life. And this for 9 weeks!!
Well, that's what is happening to me here.

In case you want to know what muscles you use for breathing, it is the diaphragm and the intercostal muscles and the muscles which allow you to stand on top of your toes are the soleus and the gastrocnemius!!

Well, I will now continue some studying, then will pop to the beach for a swim and have a deep tissue massage booked for 5pm and a quite evening at home (in my hotel room!!) Bye the way, had music and partying going on every night since Thursday but what would have never been possible before is that I actually went to sleep with the sound of disco in my bedroom - that's yoga for you!!

I send you all sunshine and warmth - I am on track to becoming a true yogini and hopefully a Yoga Teacher - even the experiences of these first 2 weeks have been so amazing and I feel I want to share these unique moments and what we are capable of as a human being with all Bikram Yoga students back home. I am beginning to understand what this is all about......

Lots of love,
Kate the Yogini xxx

No comments: