Friday 25 April 2008

Week 3 - Friday - All You Need Is Love.....

I would like to share with you how I am feeling right now - actually it is difficult to put down in words but I will do my best to explain my 'current state of mind' - we have had another challenging week with posture clinic kicking-off, i.e. presenting your dialogue in groups with senior teachers evaluating how you delivered the dialogue. I managed to deliver up to Eagle pose, so a couple of postures, received quite good feedback with some good comments on where I can improve. But there is anxiety there and being nervous so that does affect my delivery a bit. So my day starts around 7am, wake up, a quick bit of study, eat half a banana and a protein shake and at 8am head over to the Yoga room to get myself set up for the 8:30 am class. My day officially ends around 11:30 pm when I get back to my room after a non-stop day and then I can start doing some more study. I think this will be the pattern in the next couple of weeks.

But anyway, I am getting side-tracked. Tonight, we had the 5pm class with Sarah, energetic it was but my body and my mind was on the tired side. But as we were laying in Savasana, the resting period before the floor series start, she said how awesome we are and how great teachers we will be - it was kind of the first time I really felt that they (the teachers here) were giving us love and warmth.....anyway, we finished the class and then she said she has some good news for us: That we have a free night with no posture clinic, so the whole room (remember, 280 students) clapped and whistling and were really happy!! Then we layed down and rested and Sarah explained to us that she loved listening to the Beatles and that one of the recent songs she was listening to reminded her of us. It was the song, 'All you Need is Love' - and she said: above anything else, go out to the world and teach Yoga with LOVE. She ended and then a remake version of the Song was played in the big studio - it was just amazingly overwhelming and I started crying and could not stop, I was so overwhelmed with what I am doing here on this training, what I have achieved in these first 3 weeks, the love I have for my dearest husband and my family and friends and and all the Yoga students in the room. I cannot describe in words how this feeling really was, unique, magical, precious - the girl next to me grabbed my hand and asked if I was ok, we were just laying there holding each others hands......quite a few people got emotional in that moment.

Right now I feel so much love and compassion for myself and everybody out there in the world.

I realised for the first time tonight, what I am really doing and how this will definitely be the most unique and special experience in my life, despite my very sore hamstrings, my aching knees, my tiredness (11 Yoga classes a week, each 90 mins!).

I hugged Dr. T tonight, he was our Anatomy instructor and yippee, anatomy lectures are finished and our second exam is on Monday. I did ok on the first exam getting 49 out of 50 points. FIY, the jaw bone is called mandible!

Well, I will sign off now, studying and meeting Robyn shortly for some live dialogue training.

I think I need a good nights sleep tonight.

I have a slight suspicion that I will return from Acapulco saying that I have had the most amazing time of my life (apart from my wedding day!).

Soon I am half way through, I am aware that more though and challenging times are ahead of me but my spirit and mind are in the right place to give me strength and love and support.

With lots of love,
Katherine the happy Yogini xxxxxxx

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Kate, Amazing 3rd week!! Dad and I read it with awe! Keep up the good work, and we shall look forward to hearing more.
All our love Mum and Dad

rebecca said...

Hiya Katherine, you seem to be doing pretty well already if your trainers are thrilled with your performance then that is so encouraging.
looking forward to your next experience.
with love Rebecca