Friday 2 May 2008

Week 4 - Friday Evening

I can't believe that I am writing the number 4 above in the heading of this entry!!!! I honestly did not believe at the beginning that I would make it to week 4....just a quick entry tonight as I am very tired and as we got Friday night off I will shortly go to bed for some desperately needed sleep. It's been another amazing and intensive week, delivered 5 postures in posture clinic, and overall got good feedback altough my english accent and politness is sometimes critised. I need to work on being a little tougher and more forceful. Anyway, keep notes of all the feedback I get and will work on trying to do it the right way. Altough, a lot of students love the english accent and the way I deliver the dialogue....

The Heat is on.....they have upped the heat in the Yoga room and that has yet again been another challenge for all of us. I am slowly getting used to it and drink about 2 litres of water before even leaving the yoga room....generally the morning classes are though and my body is hurting and stiff, the evening classes are much better. We have had some great classes and some, well, less enjoyable classes, had a rocking class with Craig on Wednesday night, it was just amazing, 280 people giving 110% energy in the room, god I will miss such classes when I am back in the UK.

Last weekend we had an earthquake, 5.8 richter scale.it was in Mexico city but we felt it quite a bit here, luckily I was in Robyn's room practicing dialogue but I panicked as I had a bad experience in Eilat a couple of years ago and it really scares me....

I have done approximately 44 yoga classes in 4 weeks, I was not sure that I would actually be able to do this but what I am learning on this training is that we are capable of so much more then we think we can do. This is an amazing discovery.

I go through high and low's, one moment I am exctatic, the other moment I am crying. And that's what we are all experiencing here. But the overall feeling, as I am feeling right now, it just WOW absolutely amazing, amazing, amazing - I think only now I am beginning to understand what this Bikram Yoga is really all about and am discovering the heart and root of this yoga and the 26 postures.

Bikram is back next week so we will have some nice and juicy lectures ahead of us. It will be great to have him back as it feels more complete when he is here.

Sorry I have not been emailing many of you personally but I literally don't have any spare time and the weekends are taken up studying and studying, but I will be in touch very soon again.

Simone and Robyn have become great friends and we give each other support and help and encouraging words when needed. Robyn's family arrived today - she is over the moon to finally seeing them after 4 weeks and I met them before class today. It's so strange seeing her now suddently as a Mum...Lauren and Hayly are lovely girls.

Well, I will sign-off now, my eyes are almost closed.....

Sending you lots of love and sunshine from Mexico,
Katherine the Yogini xxxxxxx

2 comments:

Cliftonbay said...

That's a great blog my love. I have added Guillermo's blog. Check out the videos he's added of the best baby laughs in the world. They're really great! Love u loads, axxx

Unknown said...

Hi Kate, a super blog, and amazing, the experience you are going through. It seems so intense, I admire you immensely for taking this on. Good luck, sweetheart, and lots and lots of love from us all here
Mumxxxx