Tuesday 6 May 2008

Week 5 - Tuesday - THE MASTER IS BACK

We have Bikram back!! Nobody knew if he would even arrive this week, due to the death of his best friend. So tonight, for our 5pm class he actually practiced class, he was close to the podium, about row 3 next to Craig and some other teachers, very soon into class we heard him shouting and correcting students next to him. It put a smile on my face and many other faces!! Yes, we have shouting and complaining Bikram back, he brings life into our class!! Halfway through he told the teacher off (senior teacher, can't remember his name but graduated I think 1998) for being to soft and that we are just wimps and need to f..... get better. Anyway, from then onwards it was only shouting, that we are wimps, should f.....get in to the posture etc....but in a fun way, or at least that is the way I took it - but great energy in class - it was really what I needed tonight as I felt a bit lethargic all day.

I delivered Standing Separate Leg Head to Knee Post this afternoon and received really nice feedback, basically saying I delivered the dialogue like a teacher. Well, I could not wish for a better comment but am cautious writing such comments as the delivery is always different, from posture to posture, and I do want to learn and improve. I am working with Cara, one of my Group 10 friends on projection and speaking more forceful (Mum and Dad, don't worry, this is only for my teaching, not in everyday life!) and it really helped with my delivery today.

But I still get heart beating and a feeling of nervous every time I get up to present. I really hope that will fade but it's still there.

Tonight we kick-off at 9pm with Bikram lecture and remembering his friend.

TOMORROW WE ARE HALF WAY THROUGH TRAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND I AM STILL HERE AND HANGING IN THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I owe many of you who wrote me emails an answer and I do apologize for not yet having responded. I have little free time and tend to use the moments to write to you all but I promise to get back to you very soon.

All of you, my family and friends are in my thoughts.

Sunshine and warmth from Acapulco,

Katherine the Yogini xxxx

2 comments:

allison said...

i enjoy your perspective! i will be doing training next april and it is so cool to hear about your experience first hand-

keep up the good work!

Unknown said...

Hi Kate, Thanks for the little "built in" message.Glad to hear it!!! Great blog - gives us the picture. Take care.
Love Mum and Dadxxx