Monday 5 May 2008

Week 5 - Monday night

Well, today was a sad day, we only had the morning class Yoga and the rest of the day no training as one of Bikram's closest friends, the sun of his Guru B. Gosh had passed away this morning. I do not know any details - Bikram was supposed to arrive today and will now be coming later in the week only, or even next week. So let's see. I think all the teachers here were quite shocked and sadend by this news.

So it was strange, as I was all hyped up for Monday and this week and then we were told after class that we had the day off and time to do whatever we think appropriate. I studied dialogue by the pool, met up with some of the girls and this evening I finally ventured out of the hotel complex with Simone for some dinner at the 100% natural cafe. It was truly great, cheap and very tasty food and lots of Yogis there. It was such a treat to eat non-hotel food. We then checked out a nearby hotel and had a little walk which was nice. We bought some extra food (brown rice, spinach, broccoli, tofu) for take-away so I have my dinner sorted for tomorrow and Wednesday.

My knees are really hurting during Yoga so todays one class only was a bonus. I will have to take it easy on the knees this week.

Friday in 3 weeks I will see my sweetheart again, it's unbelievable - actually the time is going by fast and I am realizing that I really do need to enjoy the moments, be present and make the most out of this adventure here in Acapulco. But it will be so wonderful to see my dear husband again. For those of you who don't know, Armond is coming out to Mexico at the end of my week 8 - the training finishes week 9 on Friday with a graduation ceremony, at which, if all goes well, I will be present!

Well, the remainder of this week will be very busy no doubt, with a lot of posture clinic and Yoga classes.

Wishing you all a good rest of the week and love from sunny Acapulco,

Katherine xxxx

2 comments:

Cliftonbay said...

so glad you ventured out of the prison camp! I wish you a speedy Week 5. Remember EPLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Kate, Glad you enjoyed an out-of-hotel meal - it must have been good!
Sorry about the knees. Yes, take care of them, they can be a weak point - be kind to them this week!
Good luck anyway, for week 5.
Thinking of you as always.
Love Mumxxx