Friday 6 June 2008

Week 9 - Friday evening - GRADUATION

Well, I am in a strange and surreal space right now. It is 6:30pm and today was my final and last day of training which was graduation. I have graduated and received my certificate from Bikram with a handshake and a kiss from Rasheshree, his wife. It has been a lovely day, but also quite sad. Naturally I am SO happy not to have to do another Yoga class today, or tomorrow and can finally give my body a rest, but we have been in such a bootcamp lifestyle that this sudden freedom is almost a bit scary and you feel kind of lost.

Armond has been with me these last 4 days and again I must say that he has been great, just being by my side, while I have still been in my Yoga bubble ' and now I am neither here nor there! But by tomorrow when we leave here I will feel better. It is the letting go process now, saying good bye to these people I have shared my last 9 weeks with. The good and the bad times, we went through it all together.

On Thursday night I was pretty unwell, think I had a bit of fever and the body was sore all over, I think it was a clear sign to tell me that I needed a rest. But Friday was ok again and my last two classes, with Rash and Bikram were pretty good. Altough my best one was on Wednesday night with Craig.

I would like to say again, how amazing this experience was for me, I was pretty insecure at first about making a decision to do the training or not but now I can honestly say that I don´¨t regret any minute (well apart from some of the lecture sessions....) of this training. It is not possible to put in words my experiences and thoughts and emotions. Lets just say it was pretty damm amazing!!!

Armond and I will now head up the coast for a couple of days relaxation before flying back to London where I will hopefully be able to teach my first Bikram Yoga Class. Armond has caught a nasty cold here so we both just need some peace and quiet now.

With this, last entry, I would like to thank my dear husband, my family, Helen, Davina and my friends for all their support and encouragement which has been so helpful to get me through these 9 weeks.

Remember: We are all capable of much more then we think so, you just have to explore it and sometimes tap into the unknown, I know it´s scary at the beginning, being out of the comfort zone. But so gratifying once you have explored the bigger picture of this life.

With love always,

Namaste.

Katherine, certified Bikram Yoga Instructor as of Friday 6th June 2008, Acapulco

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dearest Kate, Many, many congratulations from us all. Well done, you have achieved what you set out to do, and you must be SO pleased with yourself, and proud too. Welcome to the world of Yoga teachers - you will be pretty damned good!!!

Our love and thoughts
Mum,Dad,Vick,Thomas and ElenaXXXXXX

Have a wonderful and relaxing last stay in Mexico.