Sunday 1 June 2008

Week 8 - Armond hijacks the blog!

Katherine has allowed me to write an entry on her blog.



I arrive late on Friday evening at the Fairmont Princess 5 Star Yoga Prison Camp, just in time to catch the last half hour of the talent show. I saw a spectacular Bollywood dance routine put together by a dozen or so students which was a lot of fun. The show was accompanied by the erractic movements of a low flying bat that had lost his way and ended up in the theatre ... whoops of girlish screams (mostly from the men) as the bat threatened to land on someone's head. Eventually one girl picked the bat up with her hands and set it free outside.



It was dark in the theatre so I was not able to see Katherine. It was strange that after all these weeks we were in the same room for over half an hour and still not together ...



Anyway the show ended and everyone filtered out and I still couldn't see her. I called her mobile and it went to voice mail. I wandered around for a while, asked a couple of yogis if they'd seen her and no luck. Finally I called again and she picked up the phone. She was in the lobby with Simone. I caught sight of them and walked up behind her and gave her a little kiss on the shoulder.



Now at this point you might imagine that there would be a Hollywood type of lover reunion complete with slow motion kisses in the pouring rain. Instead the reality was Katherine frozen stiff with mild shock! She kept averting her gaze from me because somehow the emotion was too much to process. When Simone said she'd leave us together, we both insisted she joins us for a drink! She did and we joked and chatted for a while. It was really nice and slowly we both got used to being together again. It was lovely!



K looks great. She has grown taller (if that were possible)! She has really bonded with her fellow students and its amazing to see her so comfortable with all these different types of people - and they all love her :)



We went to bed at 1am on Friday night and I took a sleeping pill to make sure I'd get a full nights sleep and get over the jet lag. There was the usual yoga class at 8am on Saturday. I had no intention of joining it of course. I have hardly practiced or taught in 18 months and there was no way I was going to start my baptism of fire with jet lag and Rohypnol! But then K woke up at 7 and somehow the energy at this place worked its magic. How could I NOT practice? I jumped out of bed and went down to the torture chamber. I had a wonderful class. It was a privelege to be part of the union. And afterwards I jumped into the ocean and we drank the juice of a huge coconut. (THIS WAS NOT HOW OUR TRAINING WAS IN THE CAR PARK LOT OF LA CIENEGA BLVD IN LA!!!!!)



Anyway I could go on and on but this is K's blog and she always says I talk too much anyway (where did she get that idea?!) ...



Next Friday its all over and on Saturday we head up the coast for 4 days of solitude and relaxation in Ixtapa.



Namaste



Husband of Katherine the Yogini

No comments: